Hello friends! I have something new for you this week. A fellow blogger, Jana B. has nominated Apple Blossoms for the Leibster Award! Thank you so much, Jana! See her lovely blog and read her response to the award here: the YAuther Blog, Jana B. The Leibster Award. Now, just what might this award be?
Here’s what the YAuther Blog says about it. Jana quotes of the Leibster Award:
The Liebster Award originated in Germany. The German word Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. In short, this award is given to the upcoming promising bloggers who have some worth-reading content and certainly have less than 200 followers as a recognition of their talent and as a way to greet them “welcome”. This is a small act of inspiration that might change a blogger’s whole point of view, just like it changed mine. The Liebster Award is an award for Recognition. You would not get any money, or cup, or medal, or certificate; just a recognition which will give you a spot-light mark in this crowded blogging-market!
Another thing about this award is that this is a “Pay it forward” award, like a chain-reaction. Once you have accepted the award, you have to search for other bloggers, who are emerging as new buds with some really promising content which you find worth reading. You can accept it, or you can let it go; no harm done….However, if you want to accept The Liebster Award, you have to follow six simple rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the eleven questions given to you
- Share eleven facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees eleven questions of your choice (mine will be at the end of this post!)
- Notify the nominees once you have uploaded the post.
Answering the Questions:
#1. What are your biggest goals in life?
My biggest goal in life is to shine the light of Jesus, my Savior to this lost world. To do whatever He calls me to do and rely on His strength to do it. And praise Him for that because this scatterbrained, sinful girl would never make it far on her own.
#2. What made you start writing?
To be honest, in the beginning it was my older sister who made me start writing. She is an absolutely amazing person and where she led, I would eagerly follow, always wanting to try what she did. She wrote books, so I tried it too. But then, it became more. Writing is what lets me talk and strive towards that goal of mine. Words flow from my pen way easier than my tongue. 😉
#3. Who in your life has impacted you the most?
Oh, there are so many amazing, inspiring people in my life! First anwer: Jesus! Without Him I don’t even want to imagine where I’d be right now. Second answer: Both of my parents have impacted me so much. Always leading me to Jesus, always loving me and encouraging my new attempts at projects and ideas.
#4. What fictional character are you most similar to?
Ooh, awesome question! Although I cannot claim to be as incredible a heroine as this red-headed lass my answer will have to be the one and only Anne Shirley!
#5. If you could meet one famous person (dead or alive) who would it be?
I think it would be amazing to meet Amy Charmichael. For those of you who don’t know, Amy was an amazing woman who God used as a missionary in England, Ireland and primarily India. Before Amy would ever have hoped to end her ministry she suffered a crippling injury. This injury kept her bedridden for the rest of her life. Still, God gave her peace and joy in Him. It was in that time that she wrote many poems and books. It would be so inspiring!!
# 6. Who are your favorite authors?
I’ll try to keep answers shorter… Lucy Maud Montgomery, C.S. Lewis, Markus Zusak and Madeline L’engle.
#7. What are your current Works-In-Progress and what inspired them?
Oh. So much for trying to make short answers. For those who don’t know, Works-In-Progress are writing projects/ novels your working on. Right now I am writing a novel and have nearly reached the climax! Short synopsis: a girl who doesn’t think she could ever be a hero is thrust into a quest to find the Compass of Hope and restore light to her world. This story and characters have been brewing in the back of my head for two years. Last year I finally got up the courage to star writing them down. I’m not sure what inspired it except for the story’s need to be told.
#8. What inspires your characters?
People, real life people with layers of amazing intricacy. A thought, a person I see in passing who looks like they have a story begging to be told.
#9. What are your favorite books?
So thankful the question is plural! Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and so many more!! See a list of my eleven favorites here.
#10. What do you hope people will get from reading your writing?
Hope, encouragement, a little glimpse of something bigger. That there is salvation and hope in Jesus for each and every person out there.
#11. Do you have any overarching themes, and if so what are they?
Hmm… I think a big theme in my blog has been hope and light-seeking. In life, I guess it would be the same!
11 Facts About Yours Truly:
- Chocolate forever! Semisweet chocolate chips and brownies are the best. But any and all chocolate!
- I have never been out of country but it’s my aspiration to go to Ireland.
- I’m currently trying to juggle reading four books at once…
- If I could get any dog I’d get an Australian Shepherd.
- Hedgehogs and hot-air balloons, I want them both!
- I’ve cried over books a LOT this past year.
- Warm, windy days are my absolute favorite!
- I have moved a total of six times.
- There’s something about the mountain sky that’s just so incredible.
- I am very talented at tripping over nothing and misinterpreting song lyrics.
Well, there it tis! Now for the nominees!
Journey Promises by Sierra Ruga
Glorify Christ Blog by Heaven
Abigail Blessing by Abigail
Above the Heavens by Kina Lamb
Wild Rose Blog by Bethany
Intended by McKenna
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite way to spend time with Jesus?
- If you had all the money, time and courage in the world, what one thing would you do?
- What is your favorite time of day?
- Has any book changed the way you see the world?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- What quotes inspire you most?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could own any animal in the world without it harming you, what would it be?
- Is there a specific Bible verse that you come back to when you need encouragement?
- What do you hope people take away from reading your writing?
- What encourages you to keep writing when it gets hard?
Well dear friends, that’s it for today! Keep shining and trusting and being filled with His strength!
*Note to Readers: I realised that I accidentally only posted nine questions for my nominees. Now there are eleven like there’s supposed to be. 😊*